About Me

My photo
Just an old fart that can't let go of his young side...

Saturday, January 16, 2010

uuuugg... was hoping for a tune and got a bomb dropped on me...


I hate this has to be my first real posting.. But here we go...

So the car has been sitting for 4 years right. The engine I purchased from Ron at Raw performance (AXIS)was sitting for 2 years. I finally get the engine in (took me 3 months with all the missing parts and such) I am dying to drive it! So I finally get to drive it and...... My mechanic has to set it with 0 boost so I can break it in. :-( That’s no so fun. Especially since the clutch I have is a triple plate and is a pain in the neck to drive. You either have to be real good at a slow engagement or you have to drop the clutch. I currently have a 5 speed so dropping the clutch is not really an option. (They call these 5 speeds glass boxes.. go figure) The mechanic I take it to keeps on begging me to get rid of the clutch. I just can’t do it right now.. Long story short on the clutch it between it and the shaved crank I have it makes the engine rev insanely quick. This makes it hard to set the idler. We actually had to cut off the idler and now I have to make sure the engine is warmed up with my foot!

Enough about the clutch. Back to the problem currently at hand. So I go the other day to take my car to get it tuned. I get there little before 2:00pm when I THOUGHT my appointment was.. I was soooooo anxious about getting it tuned and actually being able to put my foot in it a little. Well ok... a whole stinking bunch!!! I walk up and (we will call him Keith just for security sake)Keith says hey.. I say hey man.. you read! He says, I was at 9:30 when your appointment was.. I was soooooo crushed.. I said NOOOO man.. I was supposed to be here 2pm I wrote it down and all!! He just looked at me perplexed. I know he didn’t believe me.. but I was sure I was right. I think I must have gotten it mixed up with a tire appointment I had the previous Tuesday. So none the less it’s my fault. I took off all miffed. Even though it was my own fault I was just so disappointed. After everything else that has happened lately in my life it was just another let down. But little later on I was ok.. Figured it was just something that was supposed to happen. So I call back Keith and make another appointment. In hopes that I can get it finished before I start my new job on Tuesday the following week. Been out of a job for a few months. So I really need this to go smoothly. Now. Keith states that he will try and work me in. I come back and drop it off the next morning. I am a little worried to call him later on because I don’t want to aggravate him. So I drop by after the time when he should be done and gone. He is now working on another race car sitting in the bay getting ready to put it on the dyno. Man I am excited now! Thinking I he has mine done and I am good to go.. I am just waiting for him to say, Hey man.. Your machine is extraordinary.. You got 500 hp on that sucker! But NOT! I ask him and he says, yeah I got it up here after some problems.. But it only went to like 200whp. BUMMER! Worse than stock. Then he said all the sudden it went dead. OH NO! I am absolutely crushed! I feel like puking... So I tell him will get back with him later. Calling him the next day offering my help for anything he needs. He says I will call you when I get to it. I call him back again late that afternoon and he says. Man I have spent 6 hours working on your electrical system to make sure it wasn’t that. I also have taken your AEM system out and tried mine that I know that works. Keith says, I have had something like this before and it was the AEM box gone bad. OUCH... Then he says, I will have to check the cam gears to make sure there isn’t a tooth missing because I cannot find anything else wrong. I said nah man... It was running fine when I brought it in. He says well it’s not running now. Sometimes these things happen he says. I think hmm I don’t get it. I want to take a sledge hammer to my baby at this point. Its killing me.. So that’s where we leave it. I let him go and say let me know. He says, ok if you need to you can come and get it and do the work yourself (not an option at this point me having to start a job and need new clothes etc.). I said, nah man.. Go ahead just let me know..

I guess we will see what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment