About Me

My photo
Just an old fart that can't let go of his young side...

Monday, January 18, 2010

Update on my not so tune.. Quick someone call a dentist!

Well looks like I have once again been the victim of idosism. (I know it’s not a word) Yes I am an idiot! My mechanic called me this morning and told me what happened to the car. He took off the casing from around the timing gears and found the middle gear that is attached to the crankshaft, has a chipped tooth. Quick someone call a dentist! Doh... That won’t work. There was also another tooth cracked. Apparently when I took the gear off the old engine I pried it with a screwdriver and cracked the gear. So people people people... be very careful if you are going to reuse the crank gear! Or better yet don’t reuse it. Get another one for 30 bux. Could have been a whole lot worse if I was at WOT when it broke. That would have been a nightmare. Thanks Keenan. You the man! Brad from Perry Subaru is now ordering a gear next day air so I can try and not lose to much time without my car. As it sets right now I will have to drive the other vehicle to my new job on Tuesday and the wife won’t be able to work for a while until the WRX is done.
Have a wonderful day folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment